Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

ZX9R Turbo (UPGRADE PICS)

19K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  kawi9 
#1 ·
I finished a new short exhaust and muffler 2 1/2 free flow on my bike. My old system had two reduction diameter bent in the center section and my yoshimura had 2 1/2 in and 2 out. That create restriction and i lost power. You can see in my video 11psi. I don't run with the new short exhaust, because i don't have finish all uprade projects on my bike. Coming soon.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
thats insane craftsmanship! those welds....the are beautiful. kudos dude, rep sent!!

#7 ·
Yes, it's stock muffler ZX6R 99. Only the canister cylinder. I cut the canister for reduce the diameter (5.5 to 4 inches) and short the canister about 12 inches. I built all muffler parts (2 1/2 in and out). I keep the stock label for the police :lol:

#8 ·
post pics/video of it all put back together and running

#9 · (Edited)
Yes, i will make another video when my bike will run. But, i need 6 weeks again for finish all my winter upgrade project. I have a lot of work again....

#11 ·
The hose from Clutch cover isnt laying on that muffler is it? Very nice work.....:eek:ccasion1
I will fix and protect the hose with heat guard sleeve or put a stainless braided hose.

#14 ·
Thanks everybody,

Yes, it's very, very close. When i build a parts. I take the time for the parts look good. I'm meticulous :wink:

Reactions: 9R to 10R
#18 ·
I want sleeper look. I love to see the reaction of the driver guys when i pass the busa and gsxr 1000 on the rear wheel. :lol:

I don't know if you saw my video with 11psi. I ran without muffler and yes the turbo cut the sound about 30%. But the real reason, i run with muffler, i found it's too loud for me and where i live the police is very strick.

#23 ·
Thanks adz930,

I know if i had a dump pipe, i will more power. But my turbo have internal wast gate and maybe next year i will change my turbo for a garrett ball bearing and i put a dump pipe with the next setup.

Nice bike. :thumbsup: 9 psi and 228whp. Tell me more on your setup ? Lower compression ? Forged turbo pistons ? Pics or video ? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.